RE: Okehampton College Transition
Unfortunately, we are not able to hold our 2 Transition Days on 7th and 15th July due to Covid restrictions. We are doing all we can to ensure the Y6 transition is a supportive and reassuring one.
A reminder of our virtual Y6 Information Evening on Thursday 1st July from 18.00 - 19.00. Here is the link:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
here to join the meeting
Other important dates for you:
- Mrs Wheeleker and Mrs Hachipuka are visiting all schools to talk to the Y6s and to answer any questions and to give out admission packs.
- Visits and Tours are taking place for SEND/Vulnerable students.
- Mrs Wheeleker and Mrs Hachipuka will hold a virtual assembly on the Taster Day mornings of 7th and 15th July and our current Y7 students will also be present to offer useful advice and support and to share their experiences. We hope that Primary Schools will deliver some of the taster lessons that are on our transition website. Links to the Teams assembly will be sent to Primary Schools nearer the time and will be for 09.30 on each morning.
- The Meet the Tutor Evening on 19th July will be a virtual one where tutors can be introduced and we can answer any questions. Please email any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can address these on the evening. Tutors will introduce themselves and Mrs Wheeleker and Mrs Hachipuka will answer any of your questions.
- Summer School - 26th - 30th July - we have 178 students coming which is fabulous! More information will follow on the details of this week.
- 11th August - Exeter Chiefs are holding another Train Like a Champion Day at the college - details to follow.
Mrs Hachipuka - Assistant Principal Coordinating Transition
Mrs Wheeleker - HoY7
t: 01837 650910